03/04/07 – More on
paint/body, Fuel Cell Install, Wastegate Install, Flex install
A question was posed:
“All this work Newman and you still plan to sell once it's done? If you do still plan to then you have to have a buyer lined up already right? If not, I'll make the first bid by offering up my first born.....”
THIS IS THE COLOR I WANT + Fat gold wheels = sex:
It's BMW urban green. only came on a few Z4s
Got everything I planned for accomplished today.
Wastegate mounted to manifold7
Added some flex to the downpipe
Connected the WG to the DP with some tube and a flex joint8 (minimize internal, thermally induced, stresses)
The completed Downpipe:
Building this thing was fairly easy. It’s made of 304SS J bends that I got from (I think) Vibrant Racing. They were easy to work with and cut, Matt from HC welded it up for me eventually. The 4 Bolt flange is kind of wimpy at only 3/8 inch, but I don’t foresee any major problems. I got a lot of questions about the mini flex section for the wastegate. It also came from Vibrant. Also, more gross rust on the fuel cell shots! Later I added a VBAND clamp to the down pipe after the flex.
(1) Or mod the hell out of my STi, sell the lotus and buy a Range Rover!
(2) Seriously! I weighed it!
(3) I did not get a unit with a fuel level sender. I cheaped out. If I run out of gas, it’s my own fault!
(4) I retract this statement. I love WG dumps. My Subaru and Turbociv’s 328 sound so good.
(5) Or I could just cut the hell out of an Mtech1 valence.
(6) Complete with rear mounted sump.
(7) I actually bought this used from a kid in the mall who had it on a cursed turbo IS300. I hope it doesn’t curse my car. I hope I still have the fire ring. I hope that the guy in Best Buy who asked me why I was carring a wastegate around the mall wound up turboing his civic.
(8) It’s so cuuuute.